BullionByPost is a leading e-commerce business in the precious metals sector, where integrity, trust, and compliance form the cornerstone of our operations.
We value individuals who thrive in our collaborative culture, demonstrate problem-solving prowess, and have an inherent drive for excellence. You will develop an in-depth understanding of our products, our customers, and the precious metals industry which will inform and guide your decision-making process. Trust and integrity are non-negotiable, forming the foundation of our success.
The Compliance Manager at BullionByPost is tasked with implementing a risk-based approach to customer compliance checks. This crucial role ensures adherence to legal, regulatory, and internal ethical standards, safeguarding the company and our customers from reputational and financial risks.
- Oversee and enhance customer compliance checks, focusing on AML and KYC policies, to uphold legal and ethical standards.
- Manage an exceptional onboarding experience for all customers.
- Lead the compliance team, fostering their professional growth and maintaining a culture of compliance throughout the business.
- Manage and optimise compliance controls and monitoring systems against financial crime.
- Act as a primary link between Customer Service and Compliance, providing regulatory advice and day-to-day support.
- Collaborate in creating and delivering compliance training and contribute to policy development and implementation.
- Monitor operational risks, including parcel delivery losses, and maintain confidentiality of sensitive customer information.
- Keep updated with industry regulations and trends, ensuring continuous improvement of compliance practices.
- Deputise for the MLRO when required to prepare and submit Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
The Ideal Candidate
- Is a proactive manager, involved in day-to-day operations and decision-making.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills and an ability to influence stakeholders.
- Thrives under pressure and meets tight deadlines with quality results.
- Has a track record of mentoring and developing teams.
- Experience of working in compliance/AML within an e-commerce, financial, regulatory, law enforcement, or fintech environment would be beneficial.
- Proven KYC/AML experience and team management skills.
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations including GDPR, MLR 2017 and POCA.
- Ability to remain calm and effective under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic salary up to £44,000
- Employee bonus scheme up to 30%.
- 25 days holiday (with the option to buy more).
- 6% Pension Contribution
- Cycle to work scheme (worth up to 5% of basic salary)
- Opportunities and budget for skills development
Please note this is an office based role, remote work option is not available. This role does not qualify for visa sponsorship, all applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
About the Company
Joining Jewellery Quarter Bullion Ltd, you will become part of an exciting, entrepreneurial business which over the last 14 years has grown BullionByPost.co.uk to become the UK’s no.1 online gold and silver bullion dealer. Our portfolio also includes Gold.co.uk and a series of fully translated, localised bullion websites across the EU and the United States, marking our rapidly expanding international footprint, as well as two dedicated jewellery brands.
As the UK’s number one online bullion dealer, BullionByPost.co.uk provides customers with the opportunity to buy and sell precious metals with ease and confidence. Our commitment to transparent pricing, customer education, and exceptional service sets us apart in the industry. We are looking for an exceptional compliance manager to support our growth and to enhance our culture of trust and integrity, while supporting our customers through their onboarding journey.
INTEGRITY - We’re committed to earning trust, doing what is right, acting like owners, and holding ourselves to the highest standards.
AGILITY - With a focus on speed and adaptability, we value progress over perfection and are continuously learning and improving.
AMBITION - We push boundaries, make bold bets, and strive to be the best in every aspect.
CLARITY - Through straightforward communication and well-understood goals, we encourage ideas and value honesty.
EFFICIENCY - Resourcefulness and frugality are our cornerstones. We aim to extract maximum value with minimum input.
If you're excited to contribute to a growing business and resonate with our values, we would love to hear from you. Apply now and let's explore how you can make a difference at Jewellery Quarter Bullion.