Jewellery Quarter Bullion are currently seeking an experienced, dynamic, and technically capable Senior IT Administrator to own the growth and support of our IT infrastructure and systems. This role is not for the faint-hearted, you will need to be a self-starter and problem solver, an individual willing to take a hands-on approach to help support the continued growth of our business.
You will report to the Technology Director and will work closely with members of the management team to run IT services across the business. You will play a role in guiding forward an already successful and expanding company, with the opportunity to take on more responsibility as your experience progresses.
Joining Jewellery Quarter Bullion, you will become part of an exciting, entrepreneurial e-commerce business which over the last 15 years has grown to establish itself as the UK’s number one online gold and silver bullion dealer. Our core brands include BullionByPost and Gold.co.uk, with a rapidly growing presence of localised bullion brands in France, Italy, Greece, Spain, and the Netherlands. More recently we have started The Fine Jewellery Company and The Jewellers, our jewellery e-commerce platforms who offer one of the widest ranges of gifting jewellery in the UK.
- Please note this role does not qualify for visa sponsorship. All applicants need to have the legal right to work in the UK.
- This role is predominantly office-based (in the centre of Birmingham) with the option for 1 day working from home for strategic projects. Visits to our secondary site in the Jewellery Quarter will be required.
- Own the day-to-day management and support of the company’s IT infrastructure and services.
- Provide end-users with technical support and training (1st and 2nd level of IT support)
- IT asset management and procurement.
- Design, planning and project management of IT roadmap, strategy, policies, and best practice.
- Own every stage of the system/hardware lifecycle.
- Systems and data security/compliance.
- Manage ad hoc tasks/projects when requested.
- Assess and manage third party vendors. Ensure value for money and compliance.
- Manage Disaster Recovery and IT Infrastructure Continuity planning and testing.
- Communication with key stakeholders about IT support issues, changes, and security threats.
- Create KPI’s and tracking to measure success of implemented initiatives.
The Ideal Candidate
- Obsessive attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and the confidence to sell your ideas to key stakeholders.
- High levels of integrity and autonomy.
- Good management, leadership, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- Highly organised and detail oriented
- Proven experience - a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an IT Manager/Infrastructure type role
- Experience administering Microsoft 365 (Azure/Entra).
- Network administration experience.
- User support experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with asset management systems.
- Experience with 3CX (or a similar VoIP system).
- Experience writing technical documentation.
- Salary: 50K-55k based on experience
- Bonus Scheme (up to 30%)
- 25 days holiday (with the option to buy more).
- Cycle to work scheme (worth up to 5% of basic salary)
- Opportunities and budget for skills development.
- Company Benefits portal Including free Private GP and Counselling
- Staff discounts on products
- Join a team where your ideas and contributions are valued and make a difference.
About the Company
Joining Jewellery Quarter Bullion Ltd, you will become part of an exciting, entrepreneurial business which over the last 12 years has grown BullionByPost.co.uk to become the UK’s no.1 online gold and silver bullion dealer, turning over more than £350m a year. Our portfolio also includes Gold.co.uk and over seven fully translated, localised bullion websites across the EU and the United States, marking our rapidly expanding international footprint.
As the UK’s number one online bullion dealer, BullionByPost.co.uk provides customers with the opportunity to buy and sell precious metals with ease and confidence. Our commitment to transparent pricing, customer education, and exceptional service sets us apart in the industry. We are looking for a strategic and experienced Head of e-Commerce to continue our growth and to enhance our online presence in the competitive marketplace.
- INTEGRITY - We’re committed to earning trust, doing what is right, acting like owners, and holding ourselves to the highest standards.
- AGILITY - With a focus on speed and adaptability, we value progress over perfection and are continuously learning and improving.
- AMBITION - We push boundaries, make bold bets, and strive to be the best in every aspect.
- CLARITY - Through straightforward communication and well-understood goals, we encourage ideas and value honesty.
- EFFICIENCY - Resourcefulness and frugality are our cornerstones. We aim to extract maximum value with minimum input.